At ChistaDATA we are committed to building optimal, scalable, highly reliable and secured Database Infrastructure Operations on ClickHouse for both on-premises and cloud. Our globally distributed team of Engineers and DBAs/Data SREs are available 24*7 to provide enterprise-grade Consultative Support and Managed Services, So our customers worldwide can focus on their core business without worrying about the challenges of Data Ops. @ Scale
☛ Why do we recommend ClickHouse over many other columnar database systems?
- Compact data storage – Ten billion UInt8-type values should exactly consume 10GB uncompressed to efficiently use the available CPU. Optimal storage, even when uncompressed, benefits performance and resource management. ClickHouse is built is store data efficiently without any garbage.
- CPU efficient – Whenever possible, ClickHouse operations are dispatched on arrays rather than on individual values. This is called “vectorized query execution,” and it helps lower the cost of actual data processing.
- Data compression – ClickHouse supports two kinds of compression LZ4 and ZSTD. LZ4 is faster than ZSTD, but the compression ratio is smaller.ZSTD is faster and compresses better than traditional Zlib but slower than LZ4. We recommend LZ4 when I/O is fast enough so decompression speed will become a bottleneck. When using super ultra-fast disk subsystems you have an option to specify “none” compression. ZSTD is recommended when I/O is the bottleneck in queries with large range scans.
- Can store data in disk – The columnar database systems like SAP HANA and Google PowerDrill can only work in the RAM.
- Massively Parallel Processing – ClickHouse is capable of Massively Parallel Processing very large/complex SQL(s) optimally and cost-efficiently
- Built for web-scale data analytics – ClickHouse supports sharding and distributed processing. This makes ClickHouse the most preferred columnar database system for web-scale. Each shard in ClickHouse can be a group of replicas addressing maximum reliability and fault tolerance.
- ClickHouse support Primary Key – ClickHouse permits real-time data updates with a primary key (there will be no locking when adding data). Data is sorted incrementally using the merge tree to perform queries on the range of primary key values.
- Built for statistical analysis and supporting partial aggregation – ClickHouse is a statistical query analysis-ready columnar database store supporting aggregate functions for approximated calculation of the number of various values, medians, and quantiles. ClickHouse supports aggregation for a limited number of random keys, instead of for all the keys. You can query on a part (sample) of data and generate approximate results reducing disk I/O operations considerably.
- Supports SQL – ClickHouse supports SQL, Subqueries are supported in FROM, IN, and JOIN clauses, as well as scalar subqueries. Dependent subqueries are not supported.
- Supports data replication – ClickHouse supports asynchronous multi-master and master-slave replication.
☛ A partial list of customers – What we did do for them?
- Applied Materials – ClickHouse Consultative Support
- Orange Communications – ClickHouse Consultative Support
- Garmin – ClickHouse Consulting and Enterprise-Class Support
- ClassPlus – ClickHouse Enterprise-Class Support
- Morgan Stanley – ClickHouse Enterprise-Class Support
- Blue Dart – ClickHouse Consulting / Professional Services and Enterprise-Class Consultative Support
- Carlsberg – ClickHouse Enterprise-Class Support
- PRADA – ClickHouse Consulting and Managed Database Services
- Netflix – ClickHouse Enterprise-Class Support
- MPL – ClickHouse Enterprise-Class Support
- Burberry – ClickHouse Enterprise-Class Support
- Edward Jones – ClickHouse Consulting and Enterprise-Class Support
- Cambridge Investment Research – ClickHouse Consulting and Enterprise-Class Support
- National Geographic – ClickHouse Consulting and Enterprise-Class Support
- American Express Travel – ClickHouse Consulting and Enterprise-Class Support
- Sony – ClickHouse Consultative Support and Managed Services
- Nintendo – ClickHouse Consultative Support and Managed Services
- Unilever – ClickHouse Consultative Support
- VISA – ClickHouse Consultative Support and Database Architect Services for Big Data Analytics