Building Optimal, Scalable and Highly Reliable ClickHouse Infrastructure with ChistaDATA
Building a Database Infrastructure for Analytics is not just limited to SQL processing operations and file system engineering, We have to consider various other key functions like optimal configuration management, capacity planning/sizing, performance engineering, sharding infrastructure orchestration/replication/failover handling, Data Site Reliability Engineering (Data SRE) and Data Security. ChistaDATA team has several years of experience in Data Platforms Engineering and delivering 24*7 highly reliable Database Infrastructure Operations Management for very large mission-critical data properties. We work with some of the world’s largest ClickHouse deployments in diversified industries like Banking/Financial Services/FinTech, Communication/Media Entertainment, Retail/Digital Commerce Platforms, Ad. Tech Systems, SaaS and CDN. ChistaDATA Enterprise-class 24*7 Consultative Support for ClickHouse creates unbiased guidance for installation, configuration, capacity planning/sizing, performance optimization, scalability and Data SRE. Our team of globally distributed ClickHouse Support Engineers are available 24*7 assisting you in troubleshooting ClickHouse infrastructure operations more intuitively. We strongly believe in delivering highly professional and elite-class ClickHouse Consultative Support with guaranteed responsiveness for delivering optimal, scalable, reliable, fault-tolerant and secured Database Infrastructure Operations for web-scale Data Analytics. Please download ChistaDATA 24*7 Consultative Support and Managed Services flyer from here to understand more in detail about our offerings.
☛ Why do companies engage with ChistaDATA for custom ClickHouse Engineering?
- A highly skilled team of Database Engineers with a deep understanding of optimizers, resource distribution/utilization algorithms and file systems engineering
- Optimal Installation and Configuration
- Capacity Planning and Sizing
- Custom ClickHouse engineering services and feature enhancements services
- Storage engine independence
- Replication solutions for horizontal scalability and high availability
- Custom-made ClickHouse sharding solution for horizontal partitioning/scalability
- ClickHouse protocol-aware load-balancer support
- Low-level file system engineering services for storage efficiency and performance
- Observability and Monitoring solutions for ClickHouse infrastructure operations
- ClickHouse Database Infrastructure Operations Audit
- Integrated ColumnStore for Data Analytics
- ClickHouse Autofailover solutions
- ClickHouse Data Encryption
- Fully compatible with ClickHouse GA
- Globally distributed and 24*7 Consultative Support Options are available
☛ Why do we recommend ClickHouse over many other columnar database systems?
- Compact data storage – Ten billion UInt8-type values should exactly consume 10GB uncompressed to efficiently use the available CPU. Optimal storage even when uncompressed benefits performance and resource management. ClickHouse is built is store data efficiently without any garbage .
- CPU efficient – Whenever possible, ClickHouse operations are dispatched on arrays, rather than on individual values. This is called “vectorized query execution,” and it helps lower the cost of actual data processing.
- Data compression – ClickHouse supports two kinds of compression LZ4 and ZSTD. LZ4 is faster than ZSTD but the compression ratio is smaller.ZSTD is faster and compresses better than traditional Zlib but slower than LZ4 . We recommend customers LZ4 , when I/O is fast enough so decompression speed will become a bottleneck. When using super ultra fast disk subsystems you have an option to specify “none” compression. ZSTD is recommended when I/O is the bottleneck in queries with large range scans.
- Can store data in disk – The columnar database systems like SAP HANA and Google PowerDrill can only work in the RAM.
- Massively Parallel Processing – ClickHouse is capable of Massively Parallel Processing very large/complex SQL(s) optimally and cost-efficiently
- Built for web-scale data analytics – ClickHouse supports sharding and distributed processing, This makes ClickHouse the most preferred columnar database system for web-scale. Each shard in ClickHouse can be a group of replicas addressing maximum reliability and fault tolerance.
- ClickHouse support Primary Key – ClickHouse permits real-time data updates with a primary key (there will be no locking when adding data). Data is sorted incrementally using the merge tree to perform queries on the range of primary key values.
- Built for statistical analysis and supporting partial aggregation – ClickHouse is a statistical query analysis ready columnar database store supporting aggregate functions for approximated calculation of the number of various values, medians, and quantiles. ClickHouse supports aggregation for a limited number of random keys, instead of all the keys. You can query on a part (sample) of data and generate approximate results reducing disk I/O operations considerably.
- Supports SQL – ClickHouse supports SQL, Subqueries are supported in FROM, IN, and JOIN clauses, as well as scalar subqueries. Dependent subqueries are not supported.
- Supports data replication – ClickHouse supports asynchronous multi-master and master-slave replication.
☛ Partial list of customers – What we did for them ?
- Applied Materials – ClickHouse Consultative Support
- Orange Communications – ClickHouse Consultative Support
- Garmin – ClickHouse Consulting and Enterprise-Class Support
- ClassPlus – ClickHouse Enterprise-Class Support
- Morgan Stanley – ClickHouse Enterprise-Class Support
- Blue Dart – ClickHouse Consulting / Professional Services and Enterprise-Class Consultative Support
- Carlsberg – ClickHouse Enterprise-Class Support
- PRADA – ClickHouse Consulting and Managed Database Services
- Netflix – ClickHouse Enterprise-Class Support
- MPL – ClickHouse Enterprise-Class Support
- Burberry – ClickHouse Enterprise-Class Support
- Edward Jones – ClickHouse Consulting and Enterprise-Class Support
- Cambridge Investment Research – ClickHouse Consulting and Enterprise-Class Support
- National Geographic – ClickHouse Consulting and Enterprise-Class Support
- American Express Travel – ClickHouse Consulting and Enterprise-Class Support
- Sony – ClickHouse Consultative Support and Managed Services
- Nintendo – ClickHouse Consultative Support and Managed Services
- Unilever – ClickHouse Consultative Support
- VISA – ClickHouse Consultative Support and Database Architect Services for Big Data Analytics